Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby on Board!

“On that day you will ask nothing of me. Very truly, I tell you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.” John 16:23-24.
This morning was our big baby appointment. After experiencing a miscarriage, this second baby has been a time of fear for me. Fear that I will lose this baby or that he/she will not be developed. This morning, I prayed to God. Jeremiah 1:5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart.” Knowing this, Kevin and I decided that we would not do any genetic testing for this baby. God knows what needs to happen to develop us as servants for His Kingdom and He has decided that the baby inside of me will be ours to “bring up in the way it should go”. As I prayed this morning, I did not pray for relief for my fears, I did not pray for a healthy baby, and I did not pray that this baby will be ours to raise. Instead, I did what I felt in my heart was right – I prayed that God would be there with us, beside us, during the ultrasound. Immediately, I felt a calm come over me and a “feeling” that I needed to pray right before the ultrasound with Kevin and the technician.
Driving to the OB-GYN:
On the way to the OB-GYN, Kevin and I spoke about our morning. I told Kevin what God what us to do – pray for the ultrasound.  That was when Kevin confessed to me that he had the same prayer this morning. He began praying for the health and wellbeing, but then felt the overwhelming need to stop asking and just acknowledge and adore God for who He is how He takes care of his children. That was when Jeremiah 29:11 came to mind for both of us– “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” This baby is God’s baby. We have been chosen as the parents so that we can teach this child to know God, love God, and fear God. Our duty is to parent the child of God that He has chosen us to raise and in this knowledge, we know that God is going to uphold and sustain the child while it is inside of me.
OB-GYN visit:
We prayed with the technician and she said that was the first time in 12 years that anyone has done that and she wished everyone would do it! Then, the technician (Tonya) went through the ultrasound and scans letting us know each item was good – the bones are forming, the heart is strong, the brain looks perfect, there are fingers and toes (8 fingers, two thumbs, 10 toes), the kidneys (both, Kevin only has one….he’s jealous) are functioning, the bladder looks good, etc. Lastly, we turned our heads during the gender screening and the technician wrote down on a piece of paper a confirmation of the sex of our baby. We drove home with our ultrasound video and our sealed envelope. Once we gathered with our family, we watched the video and opened up our sealed envelope. What is the baby’s gender? Stays tuned for the video, or check us out on Facebook!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful expression of love and faith, well written as always. Your love of God is obvious to all of us. I know He in charge of your journey. My prayers will also be with all three of you! Blessings . . .

    ReplyDelete