Friday, July 20, 2012

Guest Blog

Here is a preview of my guest blog:

“So God created man in His Own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female, He created Them. God blessed them and said to them ‘Be fruitful and increase in number….’” (Genesis 1:27-28).

My eyes open and it is dark outside, the hall light is shining into the bedroom. I listen closely to the sounds of the night to determine the reason why I’ve awoken. I hear a noise and turn to my right. Lying beside me, nestled in her swaddle is my sweet little three week old baby girl with her eyes wide open. Her mouth opens wide in a big yawn and she stretches out her little arms and legs. I smile as she coos again, and I gently pick her up to begin nursing her. I stare into her big baby blue eyes as she flexes her hands to reach for me as she nurses patiently. Looking at my precious baby, I wonder to myself, how much of this is instinctual to mothers, knowing what my baby needs and wants?

To read more, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment