Monday, October 5, 2015

Motherhood Moments #15

Sometimes motherhood is yucky business and it comes in the form of this...
This my friends is a mango fly. It somehow managed to attach to our little girl's leg as an egg, hatch, and burrow down under her skin. (Feel free to research the process on your own since I am going to remain vague on details, leaving you to explore or not explore details yourself).
Luckily the internet is full of all things disgusting including videos and tutorials on proper removal to avoid infection. I quickly smothered it in jelly (Aquafor) for 30 minutes to let it die. Then I popped it right out with minimal complaints. I sprayed it with Bactine and used a decorative plaster to encourage sweet pea to not touch it. She was a good camper and it has healed all up with no lingering traces.
Now that this rite-of-passage is in my book, I wonder what will happen next in my adventures in motherhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment