Thursday, June 30, 2011

Good News!

Ah! Today is glorious new day! Why am I so chipper? Kevin and I worked really hard last night to finish our papers! 2,000 – 3,000 words later for each of us and we feel that a burden has been lifted off of our shoulders! I am proud that I finished but I am not ready to start partying yet – we still have a test to do!!! One, I must add, is going to be REALLY hard (unless you are our minister/proctor Dr. Curtis McClane, the man who has more degrees than a thermometer)! J


As Kevin and I were grunting and groaning over our papers last night, I was reminded (humbly) that this class is not a punishment but is a tool to prepare us for our lives as missionaries. Isaiah 40:3 (can’t you tell I like the book of Isaiah) foretold of John the Baptist saying “I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way …prepare the way for the Lord” - the keyword being “prepare.” (This always brings to mind the song “Days of Elijah”.)
 As a frequent procrastinator, this is an often a humble lesson in my life! I don’t clean my house until someone is coming over, I don’t start dinner until I know Kevin is 5 minutes away, and I definitely haven’t done my homework on time (my paper being a great example!) So here I am “preparing” to be a missionary. This reminds me of the Redneck phrase “fixin’ to.” I am not doing it yet, but I am “fixin’ to.” My goal for the next few days is to remember that I learning so that I can prepare the way for the Lord and my prayer is that God will keep me focused on this task!

Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment